The Best France Quiz: 146 Questions and Answers about the French culture, food, language and more!
If you love everything French, this ultimate France Quiz will be perfect for you!
We put together 146 trivia questions about France. This includes all sorts of topics such as food, wine, cultural traditions, language and plenty more!
Each question is worth one point however, you will find a few with bonus points. Altogether, you can score over 150 points!
You will find 16 rounds of questions including picture rounds. The answers to all questions are at the end.
So, are you ready to start this awesome quiz about France? Let’s get down to it!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost for you!
France Quiz Questions
The first part is dedicated to the questions. You will find 16 rounds including 4 picture rounds.
Round 1: France General Knowledge Quiz Questions
- What is France’s motto?
- What was France’s currency before the euro?
- What is the name of the French national anthem?
- France is home to the world’s largest museum. Which one is it?
- When is Bastille Day?
- Who famously said “How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?”
- What colours can you find on the French flag?
- Who was the president of France in 2020?
- In which French race would you find someone referred to as the “Maillot Jaune”?
- Which city was the capital of France from 1417 to 1422?
Round 2: French Landmarks Picture Quiz
Round 3: France geography Quiz Questions
- What is the french name for Lake Geneva?
- What is the highest mountain in France?
- Which chain of mountains can you find between Spain and France?
- What is the second-largest city in France?
- On which French island can you find the volcano “Le Piton de la Fournaise”?
- What is the capital of New Caledonia?
- Which river flows through Paris?
- In which sea can you find Corsica?
- Which country has the largest land border with France?
- Which sovereign city-state is located on the French Riviera?
Round 4: French culture Quiz Questions
- Traditionally, children in France are given a snack at 4 pm. How is that meal called?
- In France, what is the name of the exam at the end of high school?
- How do the French call the greetings that consist in kissing people on the cheek?
- In France, people don’t drink their coffee or tea from a mug at breakfast. What do they use?
- Which day is referred to as “Poisson d’avril”?
- What is “La Chandeleur”?
- What traditional cake is eaten on the 6th of January?
- When would you drink an apéritif?
- What type of food do the French eat before dessert?
- What dialect would you find in Toulouse?
Round 5: French food Quiz Questions
- Which pastry is used in a Croque en bouche?
- Which type of meat is used in a “Blanquette de Veau”?
- How is the meat cooked in a Steak Tartare?
- What type of meat is used in a “Coq au Vin”?
- Which city was the birthplace of the “Bouillabaisse”?
- Which French region do the Crepes come from?
- How is “French Toast” called in France?
- What is the traditional french cake for Christmas?
- What does “Mille-Feuille” mean in French?
- What is used to cook the beef in a Fondue Bourguignonne?
Round 6: French desserts Picture Quiz
Round 7: French Music Quiz Questions
- Which French singer was married to Johnny Depp?
- Who sang “La Vie en Rose”?
- Which French duo is known for the songs “Around the world” and “Get Lucky”?
- Which French DJ is known for the songs “Titanium”, “She wolf” and “Memories”?
- Which famous French artist had a daughter with Jane Birkin?
Round 8: French Fashion Quiz Questions
- Which famous French fashion house sells the perfume “N°5″?
- Which famous French fashion house’s name is often referred to as “LV”?
- On which famous street in Paris will you find all the luxury fashion brands?
- Who was Yves Saint Laurent’s partner?
- Which famous French designer is often referred to as an “enfant terrible”?
Round 9: Famous landmarks in France Picture Quiz
- What is the name of the Promenade in Nice?
- What landmark was built for the 1889 Exposition in Paris?
- Which famous French landmark caught fire in 2019?
- What is the name of the Promenade in Cannes?
- Which Roman catholic church is located at the summit of the butte Montmartre, in Paris?
- Who built the Garabit Viaduct?
- What was Louis XIV royal residence?
- Which famous national park is located between Marseille and Cassis?
- Which French theme park features awesome historical reconstitutions?
- Which famous museum in Paris is located in a former train station?
Round 10: French Litterature Quiz Questions
- Who wrote “Les Misérables”?
- In which French novella would you follow a young prince who visits various planets in space?
- Who wrote “J’Accuse…!”?
- Which French Enlightenment writer’s real name was François-Marie Arouet?
- Who wrote “Madame Bovary”?
- Which book by Choderos de Laclos was adapted as a movie in 1998 starring John Malcovich Glenn Close and Michelle Pfeiffer?
- Who wrote “The Stranger”?
- Was George Sand a man or a woman?
- Which famous French poet wrote Les Fleurs du Mal (The Flowers of Evil)?
- Which novel by Stendhal has a name including 2 colours?
Round 11: French Movies & TV Shows Quiz Questions
- In the famous Disney movie, where can you find the Hunchback?
- What is the name of Emily’s French neighbour in Emily in Paris?
- What is the french name of the Netflix show “Call my Agent”?
- Who are the two main actors in “Intouchables”?
- Who played Amélie Poulain in Amélie?
Round 12: French History Quiz Questions
- Which French King was nicknamed “Le Roi Soleil” (The Sun King)?
- Who was Louis XVI’s wife?
- Which year did the French Revolution start?
- Who was the last King of France?
- Who made French school mandatory and free of charge?
- Who founded the Kingdom of France?
- Which document was drafted during the French Revolution, alongside the constitution?
- When was D-day?
- Where did the boats land in France for D-Day?
- When was the Armistice signed at the end of WWI (exact day)?
Round 13: French food Picture Quiz
Round 14: French wine Quiz Questions
- Which type of wine is used in a Boeuf Bourguignon?
- In which French region can you find a Fronton?
- What type of wine is a “Sauternes”?
- What is the most widely planted red grape variety in France?
- What type of wine is a “Veuve Cliquot”?
Round 15: French Language Quiz Questions
- What is the formal version of “you” in french?
- What is a “Baguette magique”?
- How do you say “Good night” in French?
- What does “Un café s’il vous plait” mean?
- What is the difference between “Bonjour” and “Bonsoir”?
- What time is it if it is “Quinze heures”?
- What body part are “les pieds”?
- What is a “chapeau”?
- What is the french word for “fork’?
- What does “Salut! Ça va?” mean?
Round 16: French language Game
France Quiz Answers
Round 1: France General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity (Liberté, égalité, fraternité)
- The Franc
- La Marseillaise
- Le Louvre
- 14th of July
- Charles de Gaulle
- Blue, White and Red
- Emmanuel Macron
- Tour de France
Round 2: French Landmarks Picture Quiz Answers
- Capitole, Toulouse
- Arc de Triomphe, Paris
- Mont Saint Michel (the town and the landmark both have the same name)
- Versailles Palace, Versailles
- Moulin Rouge, Paris
- Château de Chenonceau, Chenonceau
- Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Notre Dame, Paris
- Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde, Marseille
- Sacré-Cœur, Paris
Round 3: France geography Quiz Answers
- Lac Léman
- Mont Blanc
- The Pyrenees
- Reunion Island
- River Seine
- Mediterranean sea
- Brazil (French Guiana)
Round 4: French culture Quiz Answers
- Le Goûter
- Le Baccalauréat
- La Bise
- A bowl
- April fools’ day
- Pancake day
- La Galette des Rois
- Before a meal
Round 5: French food Quiz Answers
- It’s raw
- Pain Perdu
- La Buche de Noël
- A thousand leaves
Round 6: French desserts Picture Quiz Answers
- Tarte Tatin
- Rum Baba (Baba au rhum)
- Lemon Meringue Tart
Round 7: French Music Quiz Answers
- Vanessa Paradis
- Edith Piaf
- Daft Punk
- David Guetta
- Serge Gainsbourg
Round 8: French Fashion Quiz Answers
- Louis Vuitton
- The Champs Elysées
- Pierre Bergé
- Jean-Paul Gauthier
Round 9: Famous landmarks in France Quiz Answers
- Promenade des Anglais
- The Eiffel Tower
- Notre Dame de Paris
- La Croisette
- Gustave Eiffel
- Versailles Palace
- Massif des Calanques
- Put du Fou
- Musée d’Orsay
Round 10: French Litterature Quiz Answers
- Victor Hugo
- The Little Prince
- Emile Zola
- Gustave Flaubert
- Dangerous Liaisons
- Albert Camus
- A woman
- Charles Baudelaire
- The Red and the Black
Round 11: French Movies & TV Shows Quiz Answers
- Notre Dame de Paris
- Dix pour Cent
- Omar Sy and François Cluzet
- Audrey Tautou
Round 12: French History Quiz Answers
- Louis XIV
- Marie Antoinette
- Louis XVI
- Jules Ferry
- Declaration of the Rights of the Man and of the Citizen
- 6 June 1944
- 11 November 1918
Round 13: French food Picture Quiz Answers
- Croque Monsieur
- Beef Bourguignon
- Blanquette de veau
- Duck Confit
- Steak Tartare
Round 14: French wine Quiz Answers
- South West France, Occitanie.
- A sweet white wine
Round 15: French Language Quiz Answers
- A magic wand
- Bonne nuit
- A coffee please
- They both mean hello but “bonjour” is said in the morning whereas “bonsoir” is something you would say in the evening.
- 3 PM
- A hat
- Hi! How are you?
Round 16: French language Game Answers
You may also be interested in: