Do you love geography trivia? Discover the Ultimate Famous landmarks picture quiz with questions and answers.
In this article, you will discover 120 questions and answers about the most famous landmarks in the world and on each continent. We included a wide selection of both man-made and natural landmarks.
This is the perfect game to play on a trivia night with friends!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost for you! As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn when you book through these links.
Famous Landmarks Picture Quiz Questions
The first part of the article includes the questions themselves. Please note that this famous landmarks picture quiz is printable. You can either take a screenshot and send it to your friends or use the famous landmarks picture quiz printables and print them out.
If possible, print them in colours as some of them wouldn’t be as recognisable in black and white.
Round 1: Famous landmarks in the world Part 1
Let’s start with the most famous landmarks in the world! This picture quiz is easier compared to the other one so it’s a good one to warm up!
Ideally, players need to name to the landmarks and the name of the city it’s located in. As a quiz master, if you want to make it a bit easier, you can ask for the country instead. Up to you!
Round 2: Famous landmarks in the world Part 2
Got the first one nailed? Perfect! Let’s keep going with more famous landmarks picture quiz! For this one, I wouldn’t ask for the city, just the name of the landmark and the country. It would be very hard to ask for the exact location.
Round 3: Famous landmarks in the world Part 3
Here is our last picture quiz of famous landmarks in the world! This one includes a selection of landmarks on all continents! Make sure to give their names and the country they are located in!
Round 4: Natural Landmarks in the world Picture Quiz
We can all agree that landscapes can really take your breath away. In this round, you need to name natural landmarks and their country.
Round 5: Man-Made Landmarks in the world Picture Quiz
If you love monuments, this one is for you! Name these famous landmarks, the city and country they are in.
Round 6: Famous landmarks in Europe Picture Quiz
Do you love Europe? Then this round is for you! Name these famous European landmarks and the country they are located in.
Round 7: Famous Landmarks in Asia Picture Quiz
In this round, you need to identify these famous Asian landmarks and their country.
Round 8: Famous Landmarks in Oceania Picture Quiz
Dreaming of Down Under? Perfect! Name these famous landmarks in Oceania and their country.
Round 9: Famous Landmarks in Africa Picture Quiz
Let’s go to Africa now! Africa is home to stunning man-made and natural landmarks. Identify them and their country.
Round 10: Famous Landmarks in North America Picture Quiz
North America includes the USA, Canada and Mexico. In this round, you need to identify these famous North American landmarks and their location.
Round 11: Famous Landmarks in South America Picture Quiz
This is a selection of beautiful landmarks in South America, please give the name and the country they are located in.
Round 12: Famous Landmarks in the Middle East Picture Quiz
This one is quite a hard picture quiz but if you know the Middle East quite well, you shouldn’t have any issues. Please indicate the name of the landmark and the country.
UK Picture Quiz Answers
Yay! You’ve managed to go through the 9 UK Picture rounds. Now is time to discover the answers and whether you were right or not!
Round 1: Famous landmarks in the world Part 1 – Answers
- Tower Bridge, London, United-Kingdom
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
- Stonehenge, Salisbury, England
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, USA
- Colosseum, Rome, Italy
- Statue of Liberty, New York City, USA
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
- Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Round 2: Famous landmarks in the world Part 2 Answers
- Taj Mahal, India
- Great wall of China, China
- Machu Pichu, Peru
- St Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
- The Great Sphinx, Giza, Egypt
- Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
- Big Ben, London, United-Kingdom
- Leaning Tower of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
- Empire State Building, New York City, USA
Round 3: Famous Landmarks in the world Part 3 Answers
- Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria, Germany
- Mont Saint Michel, Normandy, France
- Uluru, Northern Territory, Australia
- Mount Rushmore, South Dakota, USA
- Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
- Easter Island, Chile
- London Eye, London, United-Kingdom
- Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Petra, Jordan
- Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Round 4: Natural Landmarks in the world Answers
- Rainbow Mountains, Peru
- Mount Everest, Nepal
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
- White Cliffs of Dover, United-Kingdom
- Antelope Canyon, Arizona, USA
- Verdon Gorge, France
- Uyuni Salt Flat, Bolivia
- Mount Fuji, Japan
Round 5: Man-Made Landmarks in the world Answers
- Sydney Harbour Bridge, Australia
- The Shard, London, United-Kingdom
- Brooklyn Bridge, New York, USA
- Wat Rong Khun (White Temple), Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Chichen Itza, Mexico
- Abu Simbel, Egypt
- Koutoubia, Marrakech, Morocco
- Le Louvre Pyramid, Paris, France
- Las Lajas Shrine, Colombia
- Chateau Frontenac, Quebec, Canada
Round 6: Famous Landmarks in Europe Answers
- Buckingham Palace, London, United-Kingdom
- St Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City
- Charles Bridge, Prague
- Alhambra Palace, Granada, Spain
- Edinburgh Castle, Scotland, United-Kingdom
- Schönbrunn Palace, Vienna, Austria
- Notre Dame, Paris, France
- Belem Tower, Lisbon, Portugal
- Acropolis, Athens, Greece
- Atomium, Brussels, Belgium
Round 7: Famous Landmarks in Asia Answers
- Borobudur, Indonesia
- Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, Bali, Indonesia
- Forbidden City, China
- Flaming Cliffs, Mongolia
- Sigiriya Fortress, Sri Lanka
- Amber Palace, India
- Grand Palace, Thailand
- Merlion, Singapore
- Hawa Mahal, India
- Fushimi Inari Taisha, Japan
Round 8: Famous landmarks in Oceania – Answers
- Whitehaven Beach, Australia
- Moeraki Boulders, New Zealand
- Remarkable Rocks, Australia
- Shrine of Remembrance, Australia
- Mount Cook, New Zealand
- 12 Apostles, Australia
- Kata Tjuta, Australia
- Jim Jim Falls, Australia
- Sky Tower, New Zealand
- Millaa Millaa Falls
Round 9: Famous Landmarks in Africa Answers
- Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt
- Avenue of Baobabs, Madagascar
- Table Mountain, South Africa
- Nile River, Egypt
- Jardin Majorelle, Morocco
- Danakil Depression, Ethiopia
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Zuma Rock, Nigeria
- Aloba Arch, Chad
Round 10: Famous Landmarks in South America Answers
- Iguazú Falls, Argentina
- La Mano, Punta del Este, Uruguay
- Amazon River, Brazil and Peru
- Lake Titicaca, Peru
- Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina
- Nazca Lines, Peru
- Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
- Angel Falls, Venezuela
- Mount Fitz Roy, Argentina
- Cathedral de Sal, Colombia
Round 11: Famous Landmarks in North America Answers
- Horseshoe Bend, Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
- Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
- Tulum Ruins, Mexico
- Lombard Street, San Francisco, USA
- Alcatraz Island, USA
- Mount Robson, Canada
- CN Tower, Canada
- Seattle Space Needle, USA
- Key West Southernmost Buoy, Florida, USA
- Chrysler Building, NYC, USA
Round 12: Famous Landmarks in the Middle East Answers
- Al-Aqsa Mosque, Jerusalem
- Mada’in Saleh, Saudi Arabia
- Nasir-ol-molk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE
- Masmak Fortress, Saudi Arabia
- Ishtar Gate, Iraq
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE
- Petra, Jordan
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Great Ziggurat of Ur, Iraq
We hope you enjoyed this picture quiz. If you want to test your geography knowledge even more, make sure to check out our UK picture quiz.
You may also be interested:
Pin it for later!