Looking for the ultimate Australia quiz? You’ve come to the right place! We put together an awesome trivia quiz about Australia which includes general knowledge questions, Australian geography questions, history and plenty more!
Whether you are Australian or an outsider who loves everything Aussie, this awesome Australia Trivia Quiz is for you!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost for you! As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn when you book through these links.
Australia Quiz Questions
Are you ready to start the trivia quiz about Australia? Let’s get down to it! Here are 14 rounds of questions about Oz!
Round 1: Australia General Knowledge Quiz Questions
- How many states are there in Australia?
- What is the constellation on Australia’s flag?
- What type of mines do you find in Coober Pedy, South Australia?
- What was the name of the architect of the Sydney Opera House?
- Who is Australia’s head of State?
- When is Australia Day?
- Which national park is jointly managed by the Australian government and the traditional owners?
- In which country did the Battle of Gallipoli happen?
- How many time zones are there in Australia?
- Which latitude line runs through Australia?
Round 2: Australian geography Quiz Questions
- Australia is home to the largest cattle station in the world. What is it called?
- What is the name of the highway that runs from Darwin to Adelaide?
- What is the highest mountain in Australia?
- How many UNESCO World Heritage sites are there in Australia?
- What is the largest desert in Australia?
- What is the name of the train that runs between Sydney and Perth?
- In which archipelago can you find Whitehaven Beach?
- What is the smallest state capital in Australia?
- What is the longest river in Australia?
- What is the most populated state in Australia?
Round 3: Australian Music Quiz Questions
- Which Australian singer sang “The Loco-Motion”?
- Which Australian artist sings “Breeze” and “Follow the sun”?
- Which Australian hard rock band is known as one of the “100 Greatest artists of all time”?
- With which French DJ did Australian singer, Sia, made the song “Titanium” in 2011?
- Which Australian band sang “Stayin’ Alive”?
- What is Rick Springfield most popular song?
- Which Australian song mentions “eating a vegemite sandwich”?
- With which indie fold song did Vance Joy become famous in 2013?
- Which Australian instrument is known as the world’s oldest musical instrument?
- What was the first public performance in the Sydney Opera House?
Round 4: Australian Literature Quiz Questions
- Who is the only Australian who won the Nobel Prize for literature?
- Which American author wrote a book about Australia called “Down Under”?
- Which Australian author wrote “The Secret River”?
- Which Australia author wrote “Possum Magic”?
- What is the name of Australia’s most prestigious literary prize?
Round 5: Australian Movies Quiz Questions
- In which Australian city does the Brierley family live in the movie “Lion”?
- Which two Australian actors starred in the 2008 movie “Australia”?
- When was the first Crocodile Dundee released?
- What is the name of the killer in Wolf Creek?
- In which state is “Red Dog” set?
Round 6: Australian TV Shows Quiz Questions
- In which fictional town is “Home and Away” set?
- What is the name of the French chef in “My Kitchen Rules”?
- How many seasons of “Offspring” are there?
- Who were the winners of the second season of “Instant Hotel”?
- Where do the “Yummy Mummies” live?
Round 7: Australian History Quiz Questions
- Who was Australia’s first female Prime Minister?
- What year did the Sydney Harbour Bridge open?
- When did Australia become a federation?
- Who is Australia’s longest serving prime minister?
- Which Prime Minister disappeared in 1967 while swimming?
- When did Canberra become the capital city?
- What was the first European country to step foot in Australia?
- What was the name of Captain Cook’s ship?
- When was South Australia established?
- In 1856, Australia became the first country to introduce a modern voting method. Which one was it?
Round 8: Australian food Quiz Questions
- What is the main ingredient of Vegemite?
- Which biscuit was sent to soldiers during the war?
- Which cake is often referred to as “the national cake of Australia”?
- Which town is known as the “cherry capital of Australia”?
- Which pub classic is a meat version of an Italian dish?
- Which meringue-based dessert was invented in honour of a Russian Ballerina?
- Which famous Australian biscuit is produced by Arnott’s?
- What is the equivalent of Vegemite in Britain?
- What Australian fish means “large-scaled river fish” in Aboriginal language?
- What flower produced in Tasmania is used for ice-cream?
Round 9: Australian animals Quiz Questions
- What are the 2 animals on Australia’s Commonwealth Coat of Arms?
- What is a baby kangaroo called?
- Which animal is Rottnest Island famous for?
- Which Australian animal is known as the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world?
- How many of the world’s top 25 deadliest snakes live in Australia?
- There are 2 native-Australian mammals that lay eggs. Which one are they?
- Australia is home to the longest fence in the world. What is it called?
- True or False. Koalas are bears.
- Kakadu is home to 10% of all the crocodiles in NT. How many are there in the National Park?
- What is the biggest specie of sharks in Australia?
Round 10: Australian sport Quiz Questions
- How many medals did Australia win in the 2016 Olympics?
- Who was the first woman to win the Melbourne Cup?
- Where is the Australian Open tennis tournament held?
- When did Melbourne host the Summer Olympics?
- What is the most popular sport in Australia?
- What is the largest stadium in Australia?
- What does AFL stand for?
- Who was the first Aborigine to compete in the Olympics?
- Who’s Australia’s most successful Olympian?
- How many times did Australia win the Rugby World Cup?
Round 11: Famous natural landmarks in Australia Picture Quiz
Round 12: Famous man-made landmarks in Australia Picture Quiz
Round 13: Australian cities Picture Quiz
Round 14: National Parks in Australia Picture Quiz
Australia Quiz Answers
We hope you had fun trying to answer all these questions. Now is time to discover what the answers to this Australian trivia quiz were!
Round 1: Australia General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- 6 states (Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, New South Wales, Western Australia and South Australia). ACT and NT are territories, not states.
- The Southern Cross
- Opal mines
- Jørn Utzon. He was Danish.
- The Queen.
- 26th January
- Kakadu National Park
- Tropic of Capricorn
Round 2: Australian geography Quiz Answers
- Anna Creek Station
- Stuart Highway
- Mount Kosciuszko
- 19 sites
- The Great Victorian Desert (348,750 square km)
- The Indian Pacific
- The Whitsunday Islands.
- Murray River
- New South Wales
Round 3: Australian Music Quiz Answers
- Kylie Minogue
- Xavier Rudd
- David Guetta
- The Bee Gees
- Jessie’s Girl
- Down Under by Men at Work
- War and Peace by Sergei Prokofiev
Round 4: Australian Literature Quiz Answers
- Patrick While (1973)
- Bill Bryson
- Kate Grenville
- Mem Fox
- The Miles Franklin
Round 5: Australian Movies Quiz Answers
- Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman
- Mick Taylor
- Western Australia
Round 6: Australian TV Shows Quiz Answers
- Summer Bay
- Emmanuel Feildel
- 7 seasons
- Debbie and Justin
Round 7: Australian History Quiz Answers
- Julia Gillard
- Robert Menzies
- Harold Holt
- The Netherlands
- HM Endeavour
- Secret Ballot
Round 8: Australian food Quiz Answers
- Anzac biscuit
- Young, NSW
- The chicken parmigiana
- Tim Tam
Round 9: Australian animals Quiz Answers
- Kangaroo and Emu
- A joey
- The Tasmanian Devil
- Platypus and Echidnas
- The Dingo Fence (or Dog Fence)
- False. They are marsupials.
- 10,000 crocodiles.
- Great White shark
Round 10: Australian Sports Quiz Answers
- 29 medals
- Michelle Payne (2015)
- Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Australian Football League
- Cathy Freeman. She won a gold medal in the 400 meters at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Ian Thorpe (9 medals)
- Twice (1991 and 1999)
Round 11: Famous natural landmarks in Australia Picture Quiz Answers
- Heart Reef, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
- 12 Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
- The Pinnacles, Western Australia
- Wave Rock, Western Australia
- Bay of Fires, Tasmania
- 8 Figure pools, Royal National Park, New South Wales
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands, Queensland
- Millaa Millaa Falls, Queensland
- Jim Jim Falls, Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory
- Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island, Queensland
Round 12: Famous man-made landmarks in Australia Picture Answers
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney, NSW
- Story Bridge, Brisbane, QLD
- Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne, VIC
- Parliament House, Canberra, ACT
- Port Arthur Convict Site, Port Arthur, TAS
- Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney, NSW
- Brighton Bathing Boxes, Melbourne, VIC
- Cape Byron Lighthouse, Byron Bay, NSW
- Bell Tower, Perth, WA
- Q1, Surfers Paradise, QLD
Round 13: Australian cities Picture Quiz Answers
Round 14: National Parks in Australia Picture Quiz Answers
- Karijini National Park, Western Australia
- Cradle Mountain, Tasmania
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta, Northern Territory
- Whitsunday Islands National Park, Queensland
- Wilsons Promontory, Victoria
- Grampians National Park, Victoria
- Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island, South Australia
- Royal National Park, New South Wales
- Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory
- Blue Mountains, New South Wales
You may also be interested in:
Pin it for later!