Looking for a food trivia quiz to test your culinary knowledge? You’ve come to the right place!
Food is an important cultural aspect. Each country has its own cuisine and specialities. Experience the food is a very interesting thing to do! If you are a foodie, you will love this food quiz.
We put together 95 Food quiz questions and answers including 2 picture rounds! So, are you ready to play? Let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost for you! As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn when you book through these links.
Food Quiz Questions
Here are 5 rounds of food trivia questions. You can find the answers to the questions below, in the answers section. Each good answer will give the player one point.
Round 1: European Food Quiz Questions
- What famous (and expensive) French delicacy is made of duck liver?
- In which city was the pizza invented?
- What dish from Spain consists of saffron rice, shrimp, clams, chicken, sausage, and peas?
- Which Italian sauce contains basil, Parmigiano, garlic and pinenut?
- What is the traditional Christmas cake in Romania?
- What is the main ingredient in the Eastern European soup, Borscht?
- If you are visiting Spain and see Jamón Ibérico on the menu. What would that be?
- What is the main ingredient in Aioli?
- Where does goulash originate from?
- Which Scottish savoury pudding contains sheep’s pluck?
Round 2: World Food Quiz Questions Part 1
- Which Japanese beef is considered as the best in the world?
- The Queensland nut is better known as what?
- In which country can you find Bun bo nam bo?
- Which popular that street food is made of stir-fried rice noodles?
- From which continent do tomatoes come from?
- If you are ordering a Mee goreng mamak. Which country are you in?
- In which US State did the Cuban Sandwich originate?
- From which city does the Pasta Carbonara come from?
- Which French dish is made with beans and meat and originates from Toulouse and Carcassonne?
- What is the meat in a Pinnekjøtt?
Round 3: World Food Quiz Questions Part 2
- From which city do Gumbo and Jambalaya originate?
- In which American state was Mc Donalds founded?
- With what American city is the cheesesteak sandwich commonly associated?
- In which country can you eat pastillas?
- Which Mexican street food is made of corn on a stick?
- Which Argentinian sweet delicacy is made of condensed milk?
- If you are eating an Ugali, in which country are you?
- Which Swedish word describes a buffet-style with multiple hot and cold dishes of various foods on a table?
- What is the main ingredient in a falafel?
- How do you call a German sausage?
Round 4: Cheese Quiz Questions
- From which country does the Stilton originate?
- From which country does the Brie originate?
- Complete the famous quote about France: “How can you govern a country which has …?” – Charles de Gaulle
- In which English county is cheddar cheese made?
- Which swiss cheese is known for its holes?
- Which famous Greek cheese is nicknamed “the princess of all cheeses”?
- Which country is the largest producer of cheese?
- Which cheese was named after the capital of Italy?
- Which Italian cheese is made from water buffalo milk?
- Which famous cheese comes from the Spanish region of La Mancha?
Round 5: Dessert Quiz Questions
- Which Australian dessert was named after a Russian ballerina?
- What are the traditional Christmas pies in the UK?
- The Macaron was created by the personal chef of which French Queen?
- Which English dessert is made with banana, cream and toffee?
- Which pastry is used for an éclair?
- In which European city did the Panettone originate?
- Which circular yeast-based cake is particularly popular in Germany and central Europe?
- In which French city did the Canelé originate?
- Which sweet layered pastry with filling comes from Austria?
- When was the first cookie ever made?
Drinks Quiz Questions
There is nothing better than a good drink to accompany a meal. In this section, you will discover 3 rounds of questions about drinks around the world.
Round 6: Wine Quiz Questions
- Which country is home to the oldest vines in the world?
- How many designated wine regions are there in Australia?
- How much wine is in a standard bottle?
- Which country is the largest producer of wine?
- What is the name of the technique that consists in opening a bottle of champagne with a sword?
- What was Jackie Kennedy’s favourite kind of Champagne?
- Which country has the highest wine consumption per capita?
- Which disease does red wine help to prevent?
- In which country is the Casablanca valley?
- Would a French wine described as ‘doux’ be medium sweet or medium dry?
Round 7: Soft drinks Quiz Questions
- What is the national soft drink of Scotland?
- What drink was invented in XXX in Manchester, UK?
- What is the best selling soft drink in the world?
- Which British soft drink was named as a pun for the chemical formula of water?
- Which orange-based soft drink originated in Algeria and is particularly popular in France?
Round 8: Cocktails Quiz Questions
- What is orange juice with champagne?
- Which hot drink is made with coffee, whiskey and cold cream?
- What is Brazil’s national cocktail?
- Which cocktail was made iconic by the TV Show “Sex and the City”?
- Which cocktail is made with white rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice?
- What’s in a Bloody Mary?
- From which country did the Aperol Spritz originate?
- What famous cocktail came from Cuba?
- Which cocktail is made with bourbon, a cube of ice and a twist of orange?
- What does G&T stand for?
Food Picture Quiz Questions
Now that you are done with the food trivia questions, it’s time to do something a bit different. Picture rounds are always good fun. With this food picture quiz, each photo is worth 2 points. Name the dish and the country it’s from. If you get both, you will get 2 points.
Round 9: European Food Picture Quiz
Round 10: European Desserts & Sweets Picture Quiz
Food Trivia Quiz Answers
Round 1: European Food Quiz Answers
- Foie Gras
- Naples. The first pizza invented was the Margherita as a tribute to the unification of Italy.
- Pesto Genovese
- Dry-cured ham
Round 2: World Food Quiz Answers Part 1
- Macadamia nut
- Pad Thai
- The Americas
- Lamb Ribs
Round 3: World Food Quiz Answers Part 2
- New Orleans
- Illinois (Des Plaines) in 1955
- Dulce de Leche
- Chick pea
Round 4: Cheese Quiz Answers
- The UK
- 246 varieties of cheese
- Emmental cheese
- The USA
- Manchego cheese
Round 5: Dessert Quiz Answers
- Mince Pies
- Catherine de Medici
- Banoffee Pie
- Milan, Italy
- 7th century AD
Drinks Quiz Answers
Round 6: Wine Quiz Answers
- Australia. For more info about this, check out these facts about Australia.
- 75 cl
- Veuve Cliquot
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Medium Sweet
Round 7: Soft drinks Quiz Answers
- Iron Bru
Round 8: Cocktails Quiz Answers
- A mimosa
- Irish coffee
- Piña Colada
- Tomato juice, vodka and spices
- Old fashioned
- Gin and Tonic
Food Picture Quiz Answers
Round 9: European Food Picture Quiz Answers
- Lasagne, Italy
- Moussaka, Greece
- Gazpacho, Spain
- Fondue, Switzerland
- Sunday Roast, UK
- Cassoulet, France
- Panettone, Italy
- Risalamande, Denmark
- Ezogelin corba, Turkey
- Apfelstrudel, Austria
Round 10: European Desserts & Sweets Picture Quiz
- Baklava, Turkey
- Trdelník, Czechia
- Kaiserschmarrn, Austria
- Dobos Torta, Hungary
- Prekmurska Gibanica, Slovenia
- Baba, Italy
- Macarons, France
- Banoffee Pie, UK
- Gelato, Italy
- Trilece, Albania
You may also be interested in:
Pin it for later!