Looking for an amazing quiz about Ireland? You’ve come to the right place!
If you love Ireland and want to test your knowledge, this one is for you. You will find an incredible selection of 100 Ireland quiz questions and answers. This includes Irish geography, history, culture and even two picture rounds! Perfect for your next trivia night!
Each question is worth 1 point however some of them will give you the chance to score some bonus points.
So, are you ready to take the ultimate Ireland Trivia quiz? Let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost for you!
Ireland Quiz Questions
In this first section, you will find 100 questions about Ireland. The quiz is made of 11 rounds. 9 of these include 10 questions and 2 of them have 5 questions.
You will also find 2 Ireland picture rounds that you can print.
Please note that this Irish quiz includes questions about both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Round 1: Ireland General Knowledge Quiz Questions
Let’s warm up with some easy questions. Here is the general knowledge quiz about Ireland!
- What is the capital of the Republic of Ireland?
- What is the capital of Northern Ireland?
- Which currency is used in the Republic of Ireland?
- Which currency is used in Northern Ireland?
- Which country issue passports for people in Northern Ireland?
- What is the national symbol of Ireland?
- What is the colour of the carpet in the Dáil chamber?
- What is the Irish name for Ireland?
- On which date is Saint Patrick’s Day?
- How many counties are there on the island of Ireland?
Round 2: Irish geography Quiz Questions
- Which Irish city was nicknamed Linenopolis?
- Ireland is home to the longest coastal driving route in the world. Which one is it?
- What is the longest river in Ireland?
- What is the biggest lake in Ireland?
- Which county is nicknamed the Treaty County?
- What is Ireland’s biggest airline?
- What is the tallest building on the island of Ireland? Where is it located?
- What is the highest mountain on the island of Ireland?
- If you are flying to George Best Airport. Where are you flying to?
- Which river flows through the centre of Dublin?
Round 3: Irish culture & folklore Quiz Questions
- Who is the Saint Patron of Ireland?
- What is the national and first language of Ireland?
- Which popular autumn celebration originated in Ireland?
- What does “Mac” in Irish surnames mean?
- What does “O” in Irish surnames mean?
- Which famous Irish brand created the World Records Book?
- What does the Irish slang word “craic” mean?
- Where do Leprechauns hide their pot of gold?
- How is Irish Folklore called in Irish?
- What is an Irish fairy called?
Round 4: Irish Music Quiz Questions
- Which famous Irish band owns the Temple Bar Pub?
- How many times did Ireland win the Eurovision song contest?
- Which song by Ed Sheeran mentions an Irish city?
- Which Irish band is known for the song “Zombie”?
- In which country was Van Morrison born?
- Which Irish band is known for the songs “Hall of Fame” and “The man who can’t be moved”?
- Which type of violin originated in Ireland?
- Which instrument can you find on both Guinness and Ryanair logos?
- Who is U2 lead singer?
- Eithne Pádraigín Ní Bhraonáin is the full name of which Irish singer?
Round 5: Irish Litterature Quiz Questions
- Where can you find the Book of Kells?
- Who wrote Gulliver’s travels?
- Where was Oscar Wilde born?
- In which language did Samuel Beckett originally write “Waiting for Godot”?
- Which Irish author wrote “Ulysses” in 1922?
Round 6: Irish Sports Quiz Questions
- What is the Irish version of the Olympics?
- Ireland is part of an annual European men’s rugby union competition. Which one is it?
- What is the most popular sport in Ireland?
- What is the largest stadium in Ireland?
- What is a hurling ball called?
- What is Steve Collins nickname?
- What sport does Shane Lowry play?
- What type of race are The Galway Races?
- What type of race is the North West 200?
- Which Irish sport is a stick-and-ball sport played by women?
Round 7: Movies &TV Shows in Ireland Quiz Questions
- Which famous HBO show was mainly filmed in Northern Ireland?
- Which Netflix show features Irish teenage girls?
- Which landmark was featured in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?
- Which Irish actor had the lead role in Tigerland?
- Which Irish actor was the fifth actor to play James Bond?
- Which Luc Besson movie starred Liam Neeson in 2008?
- Which national park is featured in “PS I love you”?
- In which Irish university was Jack Gleeson a scholar?
- Where can you find the Titanic Studios?
- Which famous Irish actress passed away in 2007?
Round 8: Irish History Quiz Questions
- Which famous ship was built in Belfast?
- What was legalised by public referendum in May 2015 in the Republic of Ireland?
- Where are St Valentine’s ashes buried?
- Where was St. Patrick from?
- In which year did Queen Elizabeth visit the Republic of Ireland for the first time?
- In which year was the Belfast Agreement (Good Friday agreement) signed?
- What religions were the Unionists?
- What was the Roman name for Ireland?
- How many children had Arthur Guinness?
- The Great Famine was caused by a shortage of which crops?
Round 9: Irish food and drinks Quiz Questions
- Which is the best selling Irish Whiskey in the world?
- In which city can you find the Guinness Storehouse?
- What is the main ingredient in a boxty?
- What is an Ulster fry?
- What’s a turnover in Irish cuisine?
Round 10: Famous landmarks in Ireland Picture Quiz
In this Irish landmark picture quiz, you will find 10 photos of man-made and natural landmarks. Need the landmark and its location for a bonus point! Altogether, you can score up to 20 points.
Round 11: Irish Food & Drinks Picture Quiz
If you love Irish food and drinks, this round is for you! You will find photos of famous dishes. Name the dish or drink.
Ireland Quiz Answers
Yay! You made it through the 100 questions about Ireland! Well done!
Now is time to discover the answers!
Round 1: Ireland General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- British Pound
- United-Kingdom. People in Northern Ireland hold a British passport.
- The Harp
- 17th of March
- 32 counties
Round 2: Irish geography Quiz Answers
- Wild Atlantic Way
- The River Shannon
- Lough Neagh
- The Obel Tower, Belfast
- River Liffey
Round 3: Irish culture & folklore Quiz Answers
- St. Patrick
- Son of
- Grandson of
- At the end of a rainbow
- Aos Sí
Round 4: Irish Music Quiz Answers
- 7 times
- Galway Girl
- The Cranberries
- Northern Ireland
- The Script
- The fiddle
Round 5: Irish Litterature Quiz Answers
- Trinity College, Dublin
- Jonathan Swift
- James Joyce
Round 6: Irish Sports Quiz Answers
- Tailteann Games
- Six Nations Championship
- Gaelic Football
- Croke Park
- The Celtic Warrior
- Horse race
- Motorcycle road race
Round 7: Movies &TV Shows in Ireland Quiz Answers
- Game of Thrones
- Derry Girls
- Cliffs of Moher
- Colin Farell
- Pierce Brosman
- The Wicklow Mountains National Park
- Trinity college
- Joan O’Hara
Round 8: Irish History Quiz Answers
- Gay Marriage
- Whitefriar Street Church, Dublin
Round 9: Irish food and drinks Quiz Answers
- Full Irish breakfast
Round 10: Famous landmarks in Ireland Picture Quiz Answers
- Newgrange Tomb, Donore, Ireland
- Titanic Museum, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Rock of Cashel, Cashel, Ireland
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin Castle, Dublin, Ireland
- The Blarney Castle, Blarney, Ireland
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland
- Cliffs of Moher, Lahinch, Ireland
- Giant’s Causeway, Bushmills, Northern Ireland
- King John’s Castle, Limerick
Round 11: Irish Food & Drinks Picture Quiz Answers
- Ulster fry (or Full Irish Breakfast)
- Seafood Chowder
- Soda Bread
- Baked Ham
You may also be interested in: